Jun 18, 2008

Summer Time!!




It's been a great start to a relaxing summer. It's nice not to have to run 3-4 times a day to a school, and nag kids to do homework at the end of each day.


We had the baseball team over to our house for the end of season party. The kids went swimming, but mostly they looked for ways to play baseball in the swimming pool. First they used the big plastic bubba ball bat, but after just a few hits with the splash balls, the bat broke. That didn't stop them, they kept at it until the bat was nothing but splinters and I took it away. Then they found a big plastic sword from halloween and played baseball with that. From then, I don't know what happened, I spent the rest of the party inside makeing sure there was enough food etc. I think they all had fun, they got their trophys and everyone was ready to go in under 2 hours. I hope the kids will come back and play in the pool with Ethan this summer.

Darian is at scout camp this week. This is his second year and he was so excited to go. Two nights ago Zachary was saying the evening family prayer. Now Zachary is the smartest 6 year old I've ever seen, but he won't say a prayer without help. He insists that he doesn't know how. I'm not sure what he's thinking? So Allen was helping him with the prayer. Allen said "bless Darian at camp, that he will get along with the boys." Zachary said "bless Darian at camp, that he will get along with the bullys."


Zach spent the first few weeks of summer break making books, and creating plans for things he wanted to make. He didn't know how he was going to make them, he just knew he wanted to. Then Zach was looking for something fun to play with when he found this big bucket of legos and kenex pieces. They used to be Calvin's, and we were going to sell them on e-bay, I just never quite got around to it. Zach quickly set to making his creations out of legos. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm lucky I didn't sell the legos. They may keep the summer from turning boring too quickly.Check out this pile of Legos.

1 comments:

Jolayne said...

My girls LOVE their legos. They have a pile about that big that Chris' mom sent out last Christmas. They go through cycles where they play with stuff for a week or so, beg to not move it, and then forget about it for months. Legos are timeless though.